Sunday, September 07, 2008

So Crafty!


I will admit to never having attended a Relief Society craft party (Super Saturday?). I haven't ever found crafts that I liked. But, I saw another ward's table with super cool projects and had to sign up for this calendar.
Although I was out of town for the Saturday, I just finished this fancy calendar with the help of the Voyager Ward's Enrichment Leader (thanks again, Marilyn!). It turned out great, and I found out that my friend, DaNelle, is the one who prints out the vinyl letter/sheet. Here's her etsy page, she has other great stuff (check out the cute sign that says, "Evey Love Story is beautiful, but ours is my favorite."

So, please, admire my craftiness, tell me it looks great, but don't ask when I'll get it hung up on the wall.
That is waaaay too much work!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

EmilyCC said...

I'm jealous a. that you made it, and b. that it's 1000x's cuter than the one I bought at Staples 2 months ago. (Man, I'm such a mom--getting all excited about a cute family calendar!)

Jessica Steed said...

well, I should clarify that MADE means,
1. glued the glass to the 16 x 20 frame
2. centered the image
3. peeled off one side of the image
4. peeled off second side

It was more like a sticker project than anything :)


Let me know if you want one, I can get you hooked up!

Leslie said...

i want one

Jessica Steed said...

I just updated the post to include DaNelle's etsy page. She says she'll have the calendars up at the end of the week, if you're interested in ordering one.

Nate said...

I really like it. Relief society party. what is That? Is it the 2 meetings during the years that last half a day or is it something just from your ward? It sound like a lot of fun.
I love etsy web site. A friend show it to me a couple weeks ago. I really like the ideas of it. I actually was thinking what can I make to sell online.
Anyway let me know when she put her calendars in the site.

Little Birdie Secrets said...

REALLY cute...I want one!

Chris said...

I just came over from Tip Junkie, and I am sooo thankful you entered this. I. want. one!! I've looked everywhere for one of these that I like, and this is perfect! I'm heading over to her Etsy store right now. Thanks!

Jessica Steed said...

Wow, so I checked my sitemeter, and I got 240 hits on Thursday when Tip Junkie linked over here.
Hopefully, I've generated some business for DaNelle.

Sandrine (Nate)
Super Saturday is an all day crafty party at the church where you make cute things for your house, or food storage, or gifts, etc. I'm surprised they don't do them in MI/IN.
If you want me to make you one for Christmas, I'd be happy to. I mean, it will look just like mine, since we have the same name :)

Little birdie secrets and Chris,
Thanks for dropping by.
I hope you get one!