Saturday, February 21, 2009

The First Goal

Every week before his soccer game, Mark reminds Jaxon that if he scores a goal (most weeks no one on the team scores a goal) that Jaxon can get pizza at the concession stand.

So just now, Jaxon called me from his soccer game.
Here's the conversation.

Jaxon: "Mom, my soccer game is over and guess what? I kicked the ball in the goal!"

Me: "No way!"

Jaxon: "Yes! But, they're out of pizza so we're going to look for something else to eat."

Me: "Ok, well I'm so proud of you, Jaxon!"

Jaxon: "I know Mom, I'm really proud of myself too."


You know what, Jaxon? That's all that really matters.

3 comments:

mraynes said...

Jaxon is one of the sweetest little boys I have ever met. I hope my George will become just as sweet. I also hope that life is kind to Jaxon, and to all children, and allows them to always be happy and proud of themselves.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That is so sweet! Go Jaxon!

Leslie said...

Yeah Jaxon! Kode is still talking about soccer ball. He thinks Jaxon is the coolest kid ever.