Monday, February 11, 2008

Here are a few pictures I really like.

1. Me holding baby Fin's feet, when he was a few weeks old, early November.
2. One of my newborn shots of baby Fin, I used a black and white
effect with a focus point of color
3. Fin at 2 months in black and white. (they grow so fast!)
4. Here's Jaxon, age 5. He never sits still long enough for a good
picture. I was actually trying to get a shot of a big gash on the side
of his head, but he looked right at me with this crazy grin.
5 Is a picture I took of my husband and two older sons, looking out
over Lake Havasu during Thanksgiving. I made it black and white with a
color focus on the right side.
6 and 7 are of my 2 yo, Asher, at his birthday party. We gave him a
bubble machine and he loved chasing the bubbles.
8. Is a multiple exposure of 6 and 7. (I didn't know if the image
comes across very well, so I included the others separately)
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Brandon said...

Those are some nice pictures. Very professional looking.

Alisa said...

I love these, Jess. The first one is my favorite.

Mandy said...

Very cute! I am impressed with your picture taking! When I am in AZ next month, we should all get together! I am coming down sometime during the week before Easter and will be there for at least 2 weeks.)

Chelle said...

love the photos.

Unknown said...

how do you do a color focus? what system are you using to do these excellent techniques. I am a bit of a novice photographer and would love to learn these tricks of the trade!

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks for the comments!
Wow, I didn't realize anyone checked my blog. holy cow. I should start writing stuff :)
Mandy, it would be fun to get together when you're here. Shoot me an email and we can set something up with Leslie.
D'Arcy, I use Picasa (free google program) and there are a bunch of effects you can do. There's also a glow effect and soft focus that I used on some of them.
Anyway, you should download the program and try it out.