Sunday, February 17, 2008

I Catch Spit-up for a Living
This is what I live with.
Spit-up. It's everywhere. All the time. It's pretty yucky, but I don't notice the warm wetness dripping down my arm until I hear the "splat" on the tile near my foot. My mom burped him over a cup and collected (not kidding) 2.5 ounces of spit-up. I have no idea how much milk I produce, and I know the spit-up has saliva mixed in, but gee, doesn't he need that stuff? I'm going to be rich and famous for inventing a shoulder protector that is much, much better than the standard burp cloth. It will have a fancy ridge for the spit-up can cascade down and pockets where and pockets to serve as a resevoir.

Ah, the day-dreams of motherhood.
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kate said...

2.5 ounces???!!! That's crazy. I think he's getting enough to eat, though... look at that cute chunky boy!

Alisa said...

I love that picture, Jess!

Alicia said...

Hey Jess!
Your boys are adorable!
And you should definitely patent the shoulder protector ;)

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks for commenting on my totally gross blog post.
(Mark was disgusted when he saw this!)
It's actually gotten worse since Finley's been sick. I'm worried he might have RSV. :(
Glad that you could all stop by!

Mandy said...

I don't miss those days! Have you ever gotten it in your ear? It's great! I guess someday I may have spit up to deal with again. If you invent that better burp cloth, let me know!!

Four Winns said...

Is it just me or does he look a little like Jaba the Hut? I think this picture ties with the one on my blog for grossness. How was Mark's birthday celebration?

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Spit up is yucky. I would go for the new burp rag protector. He doesn't look like he is suffering. What a cute healthy boy! Sorry to hear that he is sick, no fun.
Maddy

hoopster said...

haha thats funny. i would know cause last time i was there he got it all over me and i didn't even know cause i had i white shirt on. good thing he's cute.

Jessica Steed said...

Yeah, Hoopster, he did get you pretty good last time you were here.
I should give all my babysitters fair warning: wear yucky clothes.
I think you guys were smart that day and came in your pjs.

Maddy,
Thanks for the comment. He is totally healthy, and we're really happy about that.
I hope you are enjoying your little guy, too!

Annie,
Yes, he does look like Jabba.
Sometimes his legs remind me of a sumo wrestler. He's 4 mo, but wearing 6-9 mo clothes. I don't know how he does it. It's like the opposite of a bulimia.

Unknown said...

I am not good with ounces, telling babies ages in weeks (instead of months) and other forms of measurements like that. But apparently that's a lot!

So, do you get used to it?