Friday, August 13, 2010

Screaming and Wailing and Gnashing of Teeth

Today was a rough day.

I don't know if it's the transition to school, but Jaxon had 3 meltdowns, complete with the limp "dead" body and non-responsiveness.

Finn had about a dozen full-on, neck-vein bulging, screaming his guts out, hitting, running, scratching tantrums.

Asher had 3 really bad anxiety-mixed with screaming, sweating, kicking, and crying attacks.

Despite this I managed to have a nice trip to Ikea with my best friend Leslie and a nice date to Charleston's with Mark. (Embarrassingly we only ordered $3.99 worth of food. But those croissants are to DIE for.)

So what I can't figure out is if my kids are the only ones who are totally LOSING it lately or if it's like a bug that other kids are catching.

3 comments:

Hill Family said...

I think its going around, Adlen has been a bit of a mess and hasn't been napping like I'd like her to, which is part of the problem. Tysen seems to be falling more the last few days so he's been unhappy and for some reason they have teamed up to only cry at the same time...I understand.

Bryce, Anna, Porter, Avery and Colette said...

rough... it was friday the 13th, maybe that had something to do with it! you can always hope =)

brandonm said...

I'm agreeing with the Friday the 13th theory. We had a lousy day, too. Everything just went wrong...