Monday, November 08, 2010

The Secret Garden

A friend of mine is losing her garden this week and I'm very sad for her.

Thinking about gardens reminded me of my favorite Broadway musical, The Secret Garden. I've listened to the CD hundreds of times (I'm sure my college roommates still remember how much they hate it!)

I found a clip of the original cast doing sections of some of my favorite songs. Enjoy!




I've never seen the production, but always wanted to. In this clip, I loved watching the song with Mary and Dicken where they sing about plants being wick and having a will to grow. During this scene, Dicken stands behind Mary and gestures that she's the thing that needs a will to grow. It gave me goosebumps. I would love to see this show live. Ironically, they performed it at BYU the semester before I got the CD and fell in love with it.

I just found out that ASU is performing The Secret Garden for the next few weekends! If you want to come with us, send me an email.

No comments: