Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mark's Birthday


Mark turned the big 31 this year, so we didn't do anything extra special, just the regular special ;)

Our family tradition (which we get from my family of origin) is to wake up the birthday person with a doughnut and a candle, singing "Happy Birthday." This year I got it on film, and halfway through filming realized Jaxon was the only one singing, oops!, so I helped him finish the song.

Then Asher lovingly offers Daddy some tasty pastry, which he apparently did not want to eat at the crack of dawn while he was still 90% asleep.

I thought he did eat is, so I was a little surprised to find chocolate smeared on the sheets. Yep, that's what I get for continuing this tradition.

For the evening, our friends Meghan and Brandon came over with their two kids and had dinner with us. My dad and brother, David, came too.
Mark opened his present and got, exactly what he asked for! An I-pod Touch.
This is probably one of the only times I've actually gotten Mark what he asked for. I didn't buy it on craigslist or refurbished, I paid FULL PRICE. It was very hard for me to do that, so Mark knows how much I love him.

And I do.

Happy Birthday, Toad.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

brandonm said...

Mark:

You look very photogenic first thing in the morning! Thanks for letting us celebrate along with you!

Michelle said...

Happy late birthday! Cute blog!!

Jessica Steed said...

This is Mark.


Aside from being presented online with a nice endowment of arm-pit hair, I'm glad Jessica decided to blog about my birthday. And for the record, the kids ate my pastry. I'm not sure which child is to blame, but when I saw my pastry after the shower, it had been disemboweled, like something from the "Predator" (I guess that's what happens with custard in the center).