Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy (Late) 4th!

I'm emptying out our memory cards in preparation for my trip to Hawaii tomorrow and came across our 4th of July pics.

This year we couldn't fireworks nearby, so we decided to skip it and just BBQ and swim at my parents.

On our way home, though, we passed a church and it looked like people were parking for a fireworks show, so we did the same.

We waited 45 min in the smoldering heat. Luckily, there was half a watermelon in the car and we dug up a plastic spoon from somewhere and snacked on that while waiting.
After the fireworks started, Mark and I got nervous that if it took us to long to load up we'd be stuck waiting for half an hour.

So, in the middle of the show (or probably 2/3s the way through it) we told the kids they could watch the rest from the car and just booked it out of there. We both felt a little bad, but it was awesome to have A/C after waiting that long in 110 degree weather. (Yeah, just b/c it's dark outside does NOT mean the heat has subsided.) I was even wearing my bathing suit and my hair was still wet. Jeez.

Anyway, the kids LOVED it and I'm glad we stopped. It doesn't get much better than watermelon, swimming, and fireworks on the fourth of July!

*(next up, my trip to Hawaii!)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

brandonm said...

Jess, have a great time in Hawaii. We are so excited for you! Thanks for being the best friends ever.

Brandon and Meghan

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

You are too cute with your boys! Have fun in Hawaii! Can't wait to see pictures!