Thursday, September 03, 2009

August Laughs


I'm starting a new set of posts where I list the funny things my kids have said during the month.

I remember them by writing them on that day on the calendar, and before I wipe it clean for the next month, I'll post it on my blog (hopefully with a funny photo, but I haven't been taking photos lately . . .)

Asher protests indignantly, "Get out of my little WAY!"

Also, when Asher makes a mistake and is reprimanded he interrupts with, "Don't talk to me that way!"

In the middle of his shower, Jaxon climbs out and peers around the door to see his brothers playing in the bathtub. When I ask him what he's doing he replies, "Just checkin' on my boys."

Jaxon says to Grandma and Grandpa, "I have the handsomest and prettiest daddy and mommy in the whole wide world!"

After tasting a chocolate covered raisins (a bit suspiciously) Jaxon loudly exclaims, "Congratulations! These are yummy!"

One morning while I'm trying to rush Jaxon off to school, I ask him to focus. He responds, "You make my brain not focus when I'm focusing!"

Finn, though he doesn't talk much, does make funny sounds all the time. Yesterday he was looking at a book and making a growling noise, then a squeaking noise. Mark wondered aloud, "Is that a dinosaur and a bird?" Sure enough, Mark looked at the book and on the page was a bird sitting on top of an alligator. Funny kid.

Finn wins the award for cutest saying this month. He adores his new cousin Ella, and when he sees her (or wants to see her he begs for, "Baby LaLa!"

Lastly, here is a video was taken during our family celebration of Jaxon's birthday in July.
It's Asher's first time jumping off the diving board by himself. Watch his hands twitch as he psychs himself up for the big jump.


6 comments:

EmilyCC said...

I love Jaxon's use of big words--what a smart kid! This set of posts is a great idea; I can't wait to see more!

Thayer said...

so cute, it's so fun to have a record of these. I have a niece named Ella who is 5 now and she still goes by "LaLa"

Jessica Steed said...

Emily,
Thanks for the comments. One of the benefits of my kids growing older is that they start to say some off the funniest stuff.

Thayer,
So funny! I'll have to tell my sister that you also have a niece named LaLa. It's a pretty cute nickname. Better than Ella the Elephant or something like that.

k said...

This is so cute and funny. I love your boys :)

brandonm said...

Jaxon has to be the most quotable kid EVER. Love it.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Super funny! Love the video and his cute little hands!