Friday, September 10, 2010

Changing Tastes

At dinner tonight Jaxon was trying to get Asher to taste some of his taco salad. Recalling a line from one of their favorite books, Jaxon chided gently, "Remember Asher, dinosaur's try everything at least one small bite."

Asher responded, "We're not dinosaurs. We're boys."

Mark and I suppressed a chuckle and continued with dinner.

But that got me thinking about foods that I didn't like as a child that I do now and vice versa.

Here's my list:

Foods I Used to Like (but not now)
Big Macs (had one today to remind myself :(
Ned's Krazy Sub
Pepperoni on my pizza
M&M's and other cheap chocolate
Store-bought frosting (flavored trans-fat)
100 Grand candy bars

Foods I Now like (but didn't growing up)
Bell Peppers and Onions
Mustard (but just a little)
Potato Salad
Brie (if I ever had it growing up)
Coconut
Curry
Fish (still not my fave, but I appreciate it more)
Potato Soup
Spaghetti Squash (and lots of other veggies)
Bananas

Foods I Still Don't Like
Pot Pies
Mushrooms (I keep trying)
Tater Tots
Mom's Tuna casserole on English Muffins (I made it once for Mark and we threw it away. Sorry Mom, but some college recipes should have stayed in college)
Shellfish

How have your tastes changed since you've grown up?






No comments: