Monday, June 02, 2008

Home again, home again!


So I spent the weekend in the beautiful Colorado Rockies on a Mormon Feminist Retreat. (I blogged about it here.)



Even though it was nice to get away, it was certainly nice to come home.

I had my camera in my purse when I got to the car, so I snapped a few pictures of my sweet family, who was so excited to see me!

If you look closely, you will see that Jaxon lost another tooth, and we think he swallowed this one as well.


Mark had the kids for 2 days straight and did a wonderful job. The kitchen was clean and he even scrubbed our toilet (which is more than I do!)

I'm planning to travel the weekend of Father's Day, so I know that the kids will be fine while I'm out of town. (although Finley missed me most, I guess, and the breast pumping was a pain)

Still, I'm really lucky to have such a great children and a wonderful husband!




Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Alisa said...

What cute, crazy pics. So am I the only one who thinks Asher and Finley really have a strong resemblance?

EmilyCC said...

That Mark, he's quite a guy!

Jessica Steed said...

Alisa,
I think Finley is a good mix between Asher and Jaxon. His coloring is more like Jaxon, but he can look like Asher sometimes, too.
Emily,
I've been berated by friends and family about how most of my previous posts criticize Mark in some way. (how he was gone on Mother's Day last year, didn't teach Jaxon to ride his bike, etc.)
So, I'm trying to make it up by showing off his good side!
And, I have a trip scheduled for the 12-15th in New Jersey where I'll be gone for 3 nights. I told him I didn't have to go, but he said that I should and he can handle the kids again! What a man!
:)

Unknown said...

I need to attend a feminist retreat!

Natalie said...

Your retreat sounded fabulous and 2was probably much needed time with just the girls. Sure looks like your little guys were so happy to see their mommy, though!

Chelle said...

Cute pics! So are you coming to the beautiful Garden State or not?

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Asher is so cute! I cannot believe that Jaxon swallowed a tooth, ouch! What part of NJ? We just moved there.

Maddy