Friday, June 05, 2009

Now You See It . . .

When I first discovered the macro setting on my camera, I set to work photographing my wedding ring.

I love my ring. I've never seen one quite like it, Mark choose it for me and gave it to me for our engagement.


The first photo is from last July, the second is from April when I was trying to figure out of the macro setting was working on the camera.

The last photo is from yesterday.

Our morning was crazy, swimming at Val Vista Lakes Clubhouse while Jaxon did swim team. Then we changed in the locker room and headed to the gym. After the gym, I showered and got ready then piled the kids in the car and headed to Finley's 18 month
checkup.

We drove by a jeweler and I instinctively glanced down at my ring and the center diamond was missing. I got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Where did I lose it? At the gym? The pool? At home, in the car? Yesterday?

I had no idea.

So, I called Mark and he was disappointed, too. I called the gym and told them to look for it, but it's sort of like looking for a needle in a haystack.


I don't expect to find it, but I'm really, really sad it's gone.

As I looked more closely at the prongs, only 2 of them were in great shape. I'm pretty amazed it held on this long.

I wish I had taken it in for maintenance more often, but I always thought of that as frivolous, so it would look shinier.

Now I know better.
Mark says for our tenth anniversary next year, maybe I can get a new ring.

Sounds good to me.

Until then, don't be surprised to see a "replacement" bling on my finger.
Or, a tattoo. No, wait, that's Mark's idea.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Oh, that is SO sad! It's nice to see the pretty pictures of your ring, though--Mark has good taste!

brandonm said...

I'm really sorry to hear that, Jess. What a shame!

That said, cubic zirconia is really pretty...

Alisa said...

Oh Jess, I am so sorry! I know how you always loved your ring. Can you just get a new stone in it?

OK, so I've been thinking about this lately, but it's not advice, just my musing. I never knew about the blood wars to get diamonds when I got engaged. I just wanted what every girl wanted. While I cherish my diamond, I think if I could ever do it over again, I'd get a guilt-free stone (just don't tell Kevin that, unless I lose it).

Four Winns said...

Jess, that sucks!! That happened to my mom once. I'm pretty sure she was divorced at the time but it's still no fun to lose your diamond. She was at school and a janitor found what looked like a hole punch (what comes out of a hole punch anyway) on the floor. Amazingly enough, it was the diamond. Good luck with getting a new ring. Have you really almost been married TEN years?! Wow. I'm impressed.

Leslie said...

CZ