Monday, January 04, 2010

Steed Calendar 2010

You may have seen the cover of this calendar.

The third Steed calendar I've made is finally finished! I get pickier and more perfectionist every year.
That's why I've spent the last 3 weeks working on it. It doesn't look like much, but most of these collages I've redone about 3 times and then it takes me forever to get them uploaded to the Costco website. Then I have to find good photos of each individual family member to put on their birthday and couples for their anniversaries. Also, I use Picasa (Google's free photo editing software)- enough said.

The best part about it is that this is pretty much a good summary of our trip to Michigan in November and since I haven't blogged about that, here it is!
(Please note the months are not in order and one month was not a collage so it's missing.)

Big Boys: Jaxon and his cousins Josh and Cedric. Jaxon LOVES these guys and they have a lot of fun.
We found a rock with graffiti on our walk to the lighthouse. It said, "I love Jessica." Jaxon wanted a photo with it. (Oh, and today he told me he wants to bring me flowers every day. This, not too long after telling me he was very disappointed in my behavior at the store when I didn't buy him hot dogs and Cheezits.)


Day at the beach:
Lake Michigan, to be exact. Fun with football, s'mores, and jumping off dunes.



Walk to the Lighthouse:
Everyone had a good time. Well, almost. And Mark had the best time laughing at Jaxon relieving himself off the side of the platform.



The Zoo:
Grand Rapids has a great zoo for viewing (I just wouldn't want to be an animal there). All the creatures were out and about. Lovely visit and only $3! I must say Finn enjoyed himself the most, chasing turkeys.



Katie and Justin with their kids: Addie and Tysen.
We watched these kids for the week between Christmas and New Years (well, technically until the 2nd, but who's counting?) It was a lot of work, but well worth the time our kids had to play with their cousins.


The Steed Clan
Yes, everyone except Uncle Stan (not really, I just threw that in b/c it rhymed).


Nate and Sandrine with Josh, Cedric, and Taiva.
You'll see fancy dessert, bowling, Meijer Gardens, walks through the leaves, and crafts at the library. We did it all!


This is us!
Fun on the outdoor tramp, playing in the leaves, and Asher with the penguins at the zoo.



The Little Ones: Aren't they darling?


Mark's brother, David left on his mission at the end of our visit. He's in the Provo MTC, awaiting his visa so he can go to Brazil.
Here's the blog we're maintaining for him in the meantime. You'll notice in the most recent letter Dave thanks me for this calendar, which was about half finished when he sent it. Lol.


Here's one of the bloopers pages I made. I didn't use this one, though.



I used this page instead. I'm pretty sure Katie's going to hate me.

Posted by Picasa





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Kate said...

What a ton of work! It looks so good. My SIL makes a family calendar every year, but it's nothing nearly as fancy as this. Yours is amazing. I'd love to see it in real life. ;)

Hill Family said...

I don't hate you, it's cute! And on the calendar I do for Julie, I've put worse ones of me. I love that you have pictures of the kids while we were gone, we had such a wondefrul time and we really appreciate you and Mark, its not easy taking care of kids let alone two that aren't yours! You really are super woman! love the calendar!

Chelle said...

This is so cute! And looks like a lot of work. If you get bored, maybe you'd like to make a calendar of my life next year. :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Very impressive! That does look like a ton of work!! Congrats!

Stephanie said...

I love the calendar pages! It looks like it took forever to put them all together.