Monday, December 20, 2010

Eavesdropping on Playtime

After reading some adorable things on my friend Annie's blog, I came out of the office to find all my boys without their pants on holding couch pillows threateningly.

Jaxon says it's part of the rules and I just move to the kitchen to get lunch.

I overhear him:

"Guys, let's go over the rules again. Number 1- No pants. Number 2- Only hitting with a pillow. Number 3- No falling down. Number 4- Fight only. Number 5- Don't hit bodies. Number 7- You grab the side of the pillow like this, then spin around like this (he explains some move for 30 seconds).

Okay, that's it! Those are the rules. Okay Asher, you get it? 10, 9, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0! Go!

Wait! Stop! I forgot one.
Rule number 7, You can fall down if you trip.


Asher: Yeah!

Jaxon: Also, the oldest person in the kids column (that's me) gets to count down from 10.
Asher, you are not the oldest person in the kids column.

There's still a lot of screaming (and somebody just hollered from the bathroom to tell me what exactly he's doing in there).

Ah, good times.

2 comments:

Four Winns said...

Touché. By the way I love the color scheme in your Cmas photos.

brandonm said...

Absolutely. Love. This.

And, by the way, I am completely "floored" that you are doing this home improvement project during the holidays! I'm impressed that you're able to take all that on this time of the year. You guys make it look easy. All the best, and merry Christmas!