Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Can we play pond again Daddy? I have plenty of time!"



Today, with the help of antibiotics, Jaxon is feeling better. His grandma stayed with him during the day so Mark and I could rest. When we came to relieve her, Jaxon was playing pool. He played with Mark, game after game and kept making these hilarious comments. People in the room were laughing and asked us where he gets his charisma. Mark answered, "It's because he's in his underwear." I guess Jaxon get's his sense of humor from Mark.
The diagnosis is a port infection and with luck we can get it cleared up with antibiotics. After a 10 day round we'll check for the bacteria again and then see if we need to take the port out surgically. If that were the case we'd have another one put in so that we don't have to do peripheral sticks just yet, as that would be pretty painful and traumatic for Jaxon. So far his hospital stay has been quite hospitable.Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Alisa said...

What a relief it is to see Jaxon doing so well in these pictures. I hope he comes home soon and can avoid surgery if possible. Are you feeling better yourself? I can't imagine how hard this week has been for you.

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks, Alisa. I'm actually feeling worse. I don't know if I have a sinus infection or what, but I hope to pull out of this shortly.
That said, I would much rather have me not feeling better than Jaxon. He has really been a trooper. I am so lucky that he loves his daddy and grandma so much. He really hasn't missed me at all, and I don't think that's a bad thing!
Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Chelle said...

I'm so glad Jaxon's feeling better, these pics are really cute. I really hope you get feeling better too.

Anonymous said...

Sad... I didn't know he was in the hospital. I'm glad he's on the mend.

Jessica Steed said...

Update: Jaxon will be probably home this afternoon.
They've isolated the bacteria and will send us home with IV antibiotics for him to take every 12 hrs for 10 days.
I have some kind of sinus infection that's spread to my eyes, so I'm going into the Dr. today.
Mark went to work for half the day, trying to catch up.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers.

Moss Family said...

Jess... what happened? I am sorry to hear about all your troubles this week... this is a time when you especially needed a co-op and you didn't call. Family must've been super supportive for you. Let me know if there is anything I can do this week. Corbin would love to play with Asher, I'm sure.

Unknown said...

Jessica, I am catching your news on the tale end of things, but oh my goodness! What a hard week. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.