Saturday, August 30, 2008

Political Humor


We don't have cable TV anymore (we only had network stations to begin with) so we've been watching our TV online.
Mark and I found two hilarious clips last night from The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

The Daily Show clip (3 min) is about President Bush, and probably is the funniest I've seen in a while. Jon Stewart says, "He's ADORABLE!"

The Colbert Report clip (6 min) is an interview with a feminist author, Ariel Levy, who is pushing back against "Raunch Culture," (I'm really interested in her book) but Colbert makes the interview amusing. (rated PG-13)

In the wake of the VP announcements, I thought it appropriate to put up a little political and feminist humor.
(and what do you think of Miss Alaska as McCain's VP? She's not bringing any electoral votes with her. She was in the city council 2 years ago! A little strange, I think.)

3 comments:

Jeff said...

Mark did you get to watch the BYU game?

Jenga said...

No, I was too nervous to watch. I thought only bad could come of it. But I did wear my jersey all day.

Unknown said...

I think it WAS the finest decision of his Presidency! You know that I have a whole section of my blog devoted to Jon Stewart? I've posted on marrying him at least four or five times. It's true love. I am just waiting for him to know it.

We locked eyes when I went to a taping of the Daily Show...I am NOT kidding, I was sitting oh so close to him and he looked right at me and smiled.

Yes, it's true, he loves me too.