Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Why I Love Arizona in August


As crazy as it sounds, tonight I really loved Arizona in August.
After dinner, Mark and I took the kids down the street to the community pool. It was empty, so we had the place to ourselves. The weather has been muggy and rainy (the thunder woke me up last night) but still really warm.
The water was cool, though, and that's pleasant since it's been bath temperature for the last few months.
After a nice dip in the pool, we spent some time in the jacuzzi. When I was nice and toasty, I relcined on a lounge chair and watched the clouds float by in the breeze. At first it was a little chilly, but as my skin dried, it was aboslutely PERFECT!
The temperature, the sky, the sunset, my kids and Mark playing happily in the background.

I can't believe this is only our second trip to the community pool this summer.
We have to do this more often!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Oh that sounds so nice right now.

Jessica Steed said...

I totally guessed that you were the first person to comment on my brand-new post!
That means a lot to me :)

Elizabeth said...

I SO miss that part of Arizona! Thinking of you guys,
Elizabeth