Wednesday, November 04, 2009

October Laughs

The next in the series of funny things my kids said over the month of October. Not too many entries this month because we were in Disneyland, then Mark and I exchanged being out of town for a while.
You can find the previous entries here and here.

6th: While gesturing wildly with his hands Jaxon proclaims, "Did you know the more I learn, the more my brain grows? Right now it's as big as a house!"

That same night Jaxon grows despondent and laments, "There's never a superhero in Arizona." (sigh)

7th: Speaking about salt water taffy Jaxon explains, "That's another word for nuts. It's another word in French."

9th: I went to help in Jaxon's class and like last year, he was delighted that I came. The teacher introduced me as Mrs. Steed and Jaxon loudly finishes her sentence, "But you can call her Jessica." Then Jaxon and I walk to the library hand in hand and he says, "Bend down so I can kiss you." So I did and got a wet one right on the cheek.

Also that day, Finn broke a ceramic pumpkin made by Jaxon's little neighbor friend. Jaxon was heartbroken. To help him feel better, we suggested he write an apology note explaining what happened, I began to dictate the note. Jaxon interupts me, "Boring!" It was so not boring. That little greivance.

Throughout the month Asher repeatedly puts his thumb on my chin, pushes down then stares in my mouth. "Looks very strong," he says then shuts my mouth. He does this over and over again. (If this is from movie, please tell me. I have no idea where he got this from)

21st: Asher requests oatmeal at 2 PM. I say no because it's not mealtime. He protests by taking the lid off the container of oats and putting it down his pants.

22nd: I ask Jaxon to eat some salad. After one bite he yells, "The lettuce is horrible! I can't feel my tongue!"

26th: At dinner Jaxon says, "Boy, Asher was really hungry, he ate 3 loaves of corn. I hope he doesn't eat 5 or 6 because that would make him sick."

30th: Asher comes out of his room at bedtime and uses a new stalling tactic. He throws his arms in the air and proclaims, "I'm going to fly to Mexico!" The beginning is a bit garbled, but he was definitely talking about flying to Mexico.

3 comments:

EmilyCC said...

Ok, Asher putting oats down his pants made me laugh out loud. But, it also made me wonder--Why do boys put things down their pants to express emotions like anger or fear?

Putting something down my pants has never seemed like a good idea to me...

Jessica Steed said...

Emily,
I don't know why boys put things down their pants.
Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, it wasn't oats, it was just the lid.

If it had been oats, they would have gone in the garbage. But, the lid, well, it went back on the container.

Don't worry, we won't serve you oatmeal at our house for a while. . .

brandonm said...

I love this feature. Keep 'em coming! (And like I said last time, I can't wait until my kids start doing this stuff!)