Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back Again

Having been inspired by Mraynes, I'm going to begin blogging again in earnest.

Part of my problem, besides being busy, is that I don't know who this blog belongs to. Is it mine? The kids'? Mark's? The family's? I don't know.

Then I realized that it's okay. I'm the same way. Sometimes I belong to me, sometimes to the kids, and sometimes to Mark. (well I won't be blogging about that exactly, so don't worry :)

But, I've decided to accept that I am pulled in many directions all the time and will blog about what I want to, when I want to. Period. (Are all those periods a little redundant? Perhaps.)

So the big news for today is that I signed my kids up for summer childcare. It's a very reasonable price, but my kids (all three of them) can go to a super-fun play place for up to 4 hrs a day, 6 days a week. It's pretty much drop in.

I'm really excited about it. I can get a lot of stuff done this summer, like teaching Zumba.
That's another thing that I haven't blogged about lately. I'm now a certified Zumba instructor. Zumba is a group fitness class that combines latin dance and hip-hop. Their slogan is, "Ditch the workout, join the party!" and it really does feel that way.

I'll let you know when I get a job! (I'll let Mark know first, actually. He's the one that's most excited for me to be a wage-earner).

2 comments:

Kate said...

Great decision on the child care! I realized after we talked that I never really gave you my opinion... but you can't beat the price and the convenience. Imagine never having to call ahead to arrange babysitting! It's going to be so great. I'm a little jealous.
And thanks for being at the meeting tonight and being a conscientious neighbor. And finally, I wish I could have gone to lunch at the pool today.

Jessica Steed said...

Kate,
Thanks for all the hard work you do for the HOA. You're the best. Our neighborhood really doesn't deserve you. :)