Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Jaxon and Mommy at the Lake




Jaxon and Cami on the tube


On Friday, my mom watched Asher and Fin so I could take Jaxon to the lake with my dad, brother David, and sister Cami. My dad's friend, Dave owns the boat and invited us along with his kids, Alexis and Joey.
It was a full boat. (I estimated that our 8 persons exceeded the 1150 lb maximum capacity, but it just made a deeper wake)






Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful getting up on the wakeboard (It's been years since I've done it!). However, Jaxon and I had a great time on the tube. He went with me, with Cami, and with his Uncle David and favorite friend Joey. They had a great time.

While we were riding I told Jaxon, "Let's go home and ask Daddy if we can have a boat!"
(what is with my hair? wow!)










Here's David on the wakeboard. He was trying to get up, then go over the wake 4 times for his boy scout merit badge.


















Alexis (our new favorite babysitter) and Aunt Cami.
Aren't they darling?











Jaxon with Joey and David





Obviously they were going pretty slow if Jaxon could put his arms out, but he was having such a great time!




















Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

Does anyone else have crazy formatting problems on blogger?
Also, sometimes my pictures disappear and I have no idea why. hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jealousy! I love the lake. I tell Craig it will be our fist big purchase after a house, car, implants... jk. I'm laughing!
Yes, I have formatting problems all the time. I want to switch to wordpress, but all my precious work...!

Chelle said...

Those pictures look like so much fun! It makes me want to go boating. I can't believe Jaxxon is old enough to do all that, he looks like he's having a great time.

Unknown said...

I want to go on the lake!!! I am going to have to figure out a way to get going. I miss the water! How fun to spend one on one time with Jaxon, he'll always remember that (and if he doesn't you remind him when his room is a mess!)

Jessica Steed said...

Allie Cat,
Your first big purchase after school will be a lake?
I think you can transfer your stuff to wordpress- we did it over at Exponent.
Chelle,
Yes, boating is fun. Do you remember a few years ago when we went for your birthday? Same boat, same guy who drove it.
D'Arcy,
If you come down and visit during the warm months, we can go boating. I like it best when it's between 90-105 degrees. It was 115 when we went and it was so hot it made me sick.

Mortensen Family said...

Hi Jessica! just found your blog, and thought I'd say hi! Stop by mine when you have a chance to say hello! -Fawn-