Monday, November 03, 2008

Election Eve, My Prediction


For years, Mark and I have loved watching the West Wing, a TV series starring Martin Sheen that portrays a bleeding-heart liberal President (also a Nobel-prize winning economist) with a staff of brilliant and pithy political masterminds. (This is where I admit to my only Hollywood crush on the character of Josh Lyman, not so much the actor, Bradley Whitford, though he's okay, too.)

Even though the show ended a few years ago, Mark and I will still check out the DVDs from the library and watch season after season of the best political drama of the century. And really, it was the best, I mean, they won awards all the time, I swear. (Am I sounding so pathetic now? I can't tell)

Anyway, although the last season was less than stellar (the good writers had quit), there was an election for a new president, and that election eerily mimicks the 2008 presidential election.

Go watch this clip, called, "Did the West Wing predict the 2008 election?" and return and comment.

I can't wait. (My anticipation is just reflected from the real election to this blog conversation)

2 comments:

Jessica Steed said...

The answer is "yes."
I guess there's no need for discussion now.
And I couldn't be more thrilled :)

Jenga said...

I think what's cool is that the video was done a year or so ago.