Sunday, November 16, 2008

Jaxonisms


At the park on Saturday, we were feeding the ducks (Cheerios, b/c bread makes them sick, FYI) and I asked Jaxon if the ducks said, "Thank you."
"Yes", he said. "One of them did."

Tonight he cleaned his room (to delay bedtime, but what can I say, "Stop cleaning your room?")
He was so proud of his job that he asked us to come look at it.
"Fascinating, isn't it?", he said.
Hmm, what does that mean, Jaxon?
"Fascinating means 'good job' in French."
Ah.

Jaxon was telling me that his friend Vincent has a girlfriend (in Kindergarten?). In order to figure out how much he understood, I asked Jaxon, "A girlfriend, what does that mean?"
"No mom, she's not mean. She's nice!"

Photos:
1. Feeding the ducks, listening for their "Thank yous"
2. At his school carnival on Friday, Jaxon is with his friend Vincent in the zebra sweatshirt.
3. Jaxon, his hot dog, and friend Zander on the train.

6 comments:

Hill Family said...

I love Jaxon so much and he has such a tenderness about him, I'm glad he's part of our family and my children will get to be around him!

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks, Katie.
I miss you. It was fun to see you last weekend.
:)

Unknown said...

The French are so misunderstood. They are like girlfriends...they are not mean, they are nice.

I don't know why I go off about the French, it's the old ex-pat in me.

Jessica Steed said...

Mark's brother married a Frenchwoman.
So, in Primary on Sunday, when Jaxon got to hold the French flag, he was SUPER excited.
I think French was on the brain.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That is too funny! I love the french comment, too cute!

Nate said...

That was really funny. I'm still laughing.
Maybe he can teach some french to my kids.
I can't wait to see him.
Only a few weeks now.
Sandrine