Friday, November 07, 2008

Lipstick Looks Good on Asher (not so good on my bathroom)

This week has had it's share of ups and downs.
One afternoon, I saw Finn with something brown in his mouth, and I said, "Please, let that be chocolate." Although it was not chocolate (and thankfully not poop), it was the inside of a brown marker. There were spots of marker all over my carpet, again, recently shampooed.

So, as I began the task of finding, spraying, and scrubbing all of those spots.

In my bedroom I heard Asher hollering for me to let him out. Perhaps he's locked himself in my bedroom, I worried, and ran to check on him.
Nope, instead, his hands were so slick from lipstick mixed with liquid soap that he couldn't open the door.

Yes, from one mess to the next, I went that day. Except this time I grabbed my camera to get the details. This is the kind of thing that needs remembering.

Despite protests, I did get Asher to clean off the door, and wipe up his handprints from the floor. I cleaned the rest, but it was a fair trade.

In the video, you can even see the red bottle of Resolve carpet cleaner I put on the counter while lecturing Asher on his mess.

In case you can't translate, he says nonsense words, then he says he's not in trouble.
I also like the look on his face when he sees himself. Yep, he looks like quite the little princess with lipstick everywhere. Geez.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

brandonm said...

Very cute video--but I'm sure it was exceptionally frustrating! I'm glad George isn't the only one who favors gibberish!

EmilyCC said...

Ok, I LOVE Asher's face and subsequent explanation.

Is it bad that I find bad behavior is a little more tolerable if I think I can turn it into a good blog post?

Jessica Steed said...

perfectwagnerite
Is this Meghan?
Yeah, it was frustrating, but it cleaned up pretty well, except Asher's shirt, which I fear will never recover.

Emily,
Yes, it is better if I think it will make a good blog post. In fact, I think of life as a blog post most of the time ;)
Sick, I know.

Leslie said...

Oh the wonderful things our kids do. Just yesterday I cleaned poop off the handle of a toothbrush. Yes, I said poop.