Friday, April 10, 2009

A Little Perspective

Sometimes all I need to be happy, fulfilled woman is a little perspective.

Take today, for example (it's only half over, mind you).
Jaxon has the day off of school, so I took all the boys to the gym with me. On the way home we stopped and played at the park.

The weather was perfect 75 and a beautiful breeze. All 4 of us piled on the teeter-totter, and we giggled and played for a long time. Then the boys discovered the tire swing and I put all three of my boys (conicidentally wearing red shirts) on the tire swing and they had so much fun they would not get off. Lastly, we ended up at the twisty slide, making a four-person train (which was very slow, thanks to me).

It's easy during idyllic times like this to recognize what a wonderful life I have and how sweet my boys are. They are just adorable and I love watching them grow.

When we came home, I helped Jaxon and Asher color Easter eggs while practicing my photography. (Thanks, Nate for the recommendation. That book is awesome) Jaxon was absolutely thrilled. He's been talking about Easter eggs for months now.

Then Jaxon started talking about our pregnant mouse (remember the one who went to the ER vet?). He described the other mouse and how he was taking care of his wife because she was going to have babies. It was really sweet. He understands a lot about relationships and caring for creatures.

After getting my sister Cami off to the airport, we returned home to put Ash and Finn down for naps. Only Asher didn't want to go to bed.
So, he screamed and when I picked him up, he hit me with a metal spoon.
On the head.
Hard.
I cried and put him in his room (he was crying, too).

It's all about perspective.

Sometimes achieving good perspective is more difficult than other times.

1 comment:

Jessica Steed said...

I should add that the day ended with our mice having babies. 10, I think.

Talk about perspective.