Friday, May 22, 2009

Our Little Grievance

On any given day, you could walk into our house and hear either Mark or me holler, "Grievance!"

That is the name we give to our children when they are particularly aggravating. Usually it's in a joking way, not an "I'm going to tear your head off" way.

Lately, though, Finn has been our Little Grievance.

Here is a list of some of my grievances against him.

-He hits constantly. Anything, any person, any animal. He just HITS.
-He throws constantly and he has remarkable accuracy. He throws so hard that when I seem him pull his arm back, I cover my head instinctively.
-He got WRITTEN UP at the gym's childcare for hitting and throwing toys at children.
-He refuses to say (or sign) please, he just screams and yells, "MINE!"
-When I ask for a kiss, he lowers his forehead to my lips, so I can kiss HIM (actually, that's pretty cute).
- When he's mad at me, he'll hit, throw, and SPIT.

Lest you think I kid, behold the attached movie taken today.

I decided to have a music lesson with pots and pans today. The kids had a great time, but by the time I pulled out the camera, Finn was done. So, he made his feelings known by throwing the musical tool (aka, the wire whisk) not once, but twice, spitting (it's very quick, at second 13), and hitting me. Of course, it was nearly naptime, so he was a little cranky.

Note, I did actually laugh a little, because he's such a predictable little grievance. But, in fact, this is a bad habit to start when you're only 18 MONTHS OLD!

Have you seen this kind of aggressive behavior before in a baby this age? Am I just forgetting how kids are at this age? Is this because he's got two older brothers?

I'm just a little worried about this one. He has such a temper and he's so aggressive.






3 comments:

brandonm said...

George definately went through a hitting phase. He's not totally out of it, but it has cooled off significantly. Luckily, he only really ever hits us, but nevertheless we worried about what he did in places like gym child care when we weren't around...

Stay patient and it'll blow over eventually. Keep it up!

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Good luck! Those were some cute pictures. I love the forehead kissing thing!

Unknown said...

But he's so cute. I can't believe it!