Sunday, May 17, 2009

Katie's Visit


Aren't they cute? I met Katie, Mark's sister, when Mark and I began dating. Right off the bat, I was struck by how similar they look. In fact, if you'll remember this post about Mark and his brothers, they don't look as much like him as she does.
Thus, my hope is that if we have any daughters, they'll look like Katie.

Isn't she beautiful?

So, here are some of the photos we took when Katie came to visit with her kids, Adlen (which is Nelda spelled backwards in honor of their maternal grandmother), and Tysen (ages 3 and 5 months). Katie's husband Justin is a good guy. He decided to spend the weekend refinishing their kitchen cabinets instead of coming down to see us. We won't count that against him though.

It was wonderful to Katie and her kids visit. They live in Las Vegas, so we see them a lot more than we see the Michiganders, but not as much as we get to see my family.

But, with this heat, moving to Michigan is sounding more and more appealing. . .
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Thayer said...

I love the pictures of you guys trying to get everyone together for a picture (and Mark with the three boys), why is it so difficult?

Jenga said...

Thayer,
It is so difficult to get kids to look at a camera. It's totally not natural. I'd have to dress up as a clown with tricks to get anyone to look at my camera.

My favorite pics were the ones of Mark putting the boys in the wagon and sending it down the hill, where it tipped over.

The worst part is that he did it again, and it tipped over again.
I mean, seriously? You're a parent and you think that's a good idea?

Jessica Steed said...

That last comment was from me.

Hill Family said...

my favorite pictures are the ones with tysen falling out of the wagon and the one right after of me holding him up and laughing and of Jaxon hugging Adlen, he is so sweet to her! We had a grea time and remember that we came so that Justin COULD work on the cabinets. Anyway, as you saw we have a lot of work to do still and we may come again!love you

Hill Family said...

PS thank you for your sweet comments, on this blog and mine!

Jessica Steed said...

Katie,
Yes, of course Justin was able to work on the cabinets while you were gone. He's a hard worker.
It is a huge project. I wish you guys all the luck in the world!