Sunday, January 11, 2009

Steed Brothers

(Apologies to those with RSS readers, I've had problems with Picasa posting my photos, so I had to do it again.)
Over Christmas break, Mark got to spend some quality time with his homeboys, I mean, brothers.
Past vacations have seen them playing video games and watching football. So imagine my surprise when this vacation they, GASP! played video games and watched football. (But it was less bothersome because I love Rock Band now, too!)

Mark's older brother, Nate, pronounced Naten, was our fabulous host (still looking for the pic of him polishing the plasma screen). His wife Sandrine (admittedly his better half) is one of my closest friends. They're a greatpair. I'll describe Nate as smart, funny, and intense. Together, Nate and Mark are an unstoppable comedic force.

Mark's younger brother, David, is quite a charming young man. Like his brothers, he has a great sense of humor and an easy-going manner. He's also really great with his nephews and neice(some are closer to his age than his siblings, actually).David is 19 years old and very handsome, and plans to serve a mission for our church this fall. Currently, he's playing trumpet at college in UT and plans to come visit us over Spring Break.

These three guys love to play Rock Band, watch football, and discuss politics, literature, and the art of poker.Here's a photo of them playing Rock Band, including Nate playing guitar behind his head on EXPERT! (No, I am not joking. Did I mention he's a bit of a show-off? But, I would be too if I was that skilled.) Not to let their elder brother outshine then, Mark and Dave are all-around rock stars on vocals, guitar and drums.

Photo three is the crew playing dominoes at the museum. We had a fun time, and I'm not sure who eventually got to knock down the long chain of dominoes, but I'm guessing it was Jaxon, who did it without asking, thus incurring the wrath of the entire family. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Oh, and the last photo is your typical brotherly silliness, caught on camera. It was some inside joke about a bottle of ranch dressing, or at least that's what I can remember.I'm glad Mark has such awesome brothers. I just wish they lived closer. :)
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Nate said...

Couldn't agree more -- David is 19.

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks, Nate.
I did mention that Dave is 19.
I'm not quite sure why you included that in your comment . . .

Nate said...

It was a joke as a way of not agreeing that Dave is handsome, but once you explain it, it doesn't work anymore.

Anyway, we had a great time with you guys and you left at the right time because the XBox died today and is getting repaired for the next few weeks.

Leslie said...

Ahhhhhh! This is why I want Kode to have a brother. Way to put more pressure on me.

Jessica Steed said...

Nate:
I get the joke now. Some things just don't come across as well online.

Les,
No pressure for you! Of course, I'm pretty sure you'll get another boy if you have a baby.
And so will I.
:)

Nate said...

Brothers are only cool if you have cool brothers. Fortunately, I have great brothers. There. I said it.

Jessica Steed said...

Yes, you did.
Thanks for your comments. That means you're my favorite of Mark's brothers ;)