Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby Sister

This is my baby sister.
Yep, she's engaged. Not two months past 19, she's getting married sometime in March.

Incredible.

Wasn't it yesterday that she was born? Even at the ripe age of 10, I knew enough to make a deal with my younger sister Tacy before my mom gave birth.
"This baby will be MINE and you can have the next one."

I fully expected my parents would have NO more children. :)

So, it worked out well that they did, and I got to keep Cami is my baby.
Even though I went away to college, I came back a few years later, married of course, and watched her graduated from elementary school.

But, she's not so little anymore. Graduating from High School and Cosmetology school a few short months ago, Cami thinks she has all the skills she needs to survive in this world. Well, she really does, I guess. It's in her personality to be a peacemaker and help those around her.

We took these pics on our trip to shop for wedding dresses.

(I'm slightly embarrassed to admit that it took all the strength I had to NOT try on wedding dresses? Talk about glamorous. I reminded Cami that the wedding is the most glamorous part of being married. It goes downhill from there in the glamor department)

Isn't she cute? I love her.

Congratulations, Cami!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nelly said...

You two look a lot alike (both gorgeous)! So much fun- I missed out not having a sister! ;)

EmilyCC said...

What?! Your marriage isn't as glamorous as your wedding?! :)