Saturday, May 16, 2009

Scenes from a Marriage

I borrowed this title from Emily's blog. I love it. This scene is for mature audiences.

I accompanied Mark to Las Vegas for a short business trip on Wednesday and Thursday. We stayed in the luxurious Wynn and had a great time.
Here's our conversation when we were preparing for the trip.

Me: "So, what should I wear when we go out Wednesday night? (gesturing) This sexy dress or that one?"

Mark: "Um, I hadn't really planned on going out. I thought we might order room service and stay in."

Me: (slightly irritated) "So, you're taking me all the way to Vegas and not letting me out of the room? If that's what you want, why don't you just hire a prostitute?"

Mark: (slyly) "Because my work won't reimburse me."



(I thought this was so funny I would blog about it so I Mark's permission for this post. Also, the dress in the photo above was not one of my options, that was one my sister was going to wear to prom, so I tried it on for fun.)

9 comments:

Kate said...

Look how sexy you are in that dress! ;) I loved this story. Hope you had a fun (short) trip.

Alisa said...

I love the gown! Wow. I mean, only recently have I learned to appreciate gowns. Besides at my wedding, I don't think I've ever warn a gown. The things I wore to prom in high school? They were just "dresses." I am totally jealous!

Jessica Steed said...

Kate,
Thanks for the compliment. We did have a fun and very short trip.

Alisa,
It's really pretty. Too bad Cami turned down the invitation to her senior prom (who does that?).
It was fun to try on, but I wish I had somewhere to wear it (Vegas isn't the place)

Chelle said...

You look hot.

Totally funny story.

Anonymous said...

Sassy, sexy MOM! Geez, you look so great... but I don't remember a time when you didn't! I think your skinnier now than in highschool! :) LUCKY... not me.

Hill Family said...

you do look beautiful in that dress but actually was is most upsetting is how great you look after 3 kids...I pretty much hate you for it ;)

EmilyCC said...

Love this!

Jessica Steed said...

Chelle,
Not as hot as you in those model photos. Those were so great.

Allison,
I am about the same as I was in H.S, maybe a little bigger. (In fact I keep a pair of 501s that I wore back then as a measuring stick, but I haven't tried them on for a while). I wasn't an athlete for anything, so I wasn't exceptionally thin.

Hill,
Geez, Katie. I go to great lengths to compliment you in my post and on your blog and here you are hating me (in public!). But really, this post isn't about that photo. I'm really embarassed now. I thought everyone would find the story funny and say that that's exactly what their husband would have said.
But maybe other couples don't joke about stuff like prostitutes. . .

EmilyCC,
I hoped you would appreciate my attempt to model your amusing series.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

You two are so funny!