Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To the Class of 2009

I've been baking cookies all night to give as gifts to the five graduating seniors in our ward.

This is the first year that ALL of them sent us graduation announcements.

So, I made cards for them from the selection I had on hand.

The first set were "In Deepest Sympathy," and I wrote how I hoped the cookies would help them in their difficult transition to adulthood. (not that funny)

The second set are cutesie with a flower and the word "Believe" smattered about.

I imparted to the seniors of my infinite wisdom:

"Believe in the Power of your Dreams."

(or at least believe in the ability and willingness of your parents to rescue you from any potential mistakes you'll make in the coming years)

Remember, there's NO shame in moving back home . . . or never leaving.

-- Seriously, though --

Congratulations on Graduating!

Love, The Steeds


I'm pretty sure that's the best card they'll get for graduation (except the ones that have money in them).

What do you think?

6 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

That is too funny! You are so thoughtful!

Kate said...

You're so creative and clever and thoughtful. I just got basic happy graduation cards and stuck cash inside. So boring. But we only got announcements from two. ;)

EmilyCC said...

Cookies for 5 seniors! That's dedication!

Unknown said...

Very clever. Very creative. And why do we all have a stack of cards that has the word "sympathy" on them?

Unknown said...

Now I really want cookies.


By the way, I'm going to sunstone in August. Will you be up here? We should do lunch again!

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks everyone!
I did put money (not much) in the envelopes, so hopefully that will make the cards seem funnier :)

D'Arcy,
I don't know about Sunstone.
I'd love to go, but I'm headed to Hawaii (with Michelle) at the end of July. It may be pushing my luck to think I could get away for another week in August.

I'll let you know though.
Lunch was fun. That was the best curry chicken I've ever had. Yum. (and I'm eating a cookie just for you!)