Wednesday, March 03, 2010

February Laughs

February is all about Jaxon. I don't have a single thing for Asher and Finn and I hardly have any photos. Apparently I've been focused elsewhere these days. But, hopefully this awareness will change my behavior and I will resume documenting childhood minutia like a mommy robot.
Here's last months.

Without further ado:

7th Jaxon to me: "Mom, you look just like my daughter. Like I'm a father and you're my daughter. You look so cute in that shirt!"

8th While on the phone with my friend, Leslie, I hear her explain to her 4 year old how to partake of Fun Dip, "lick the stick, dip in powder, repeat."

10th At the hematologist clinic visit the Social Worker was trying to determine Jaxon's level of excitement to attend Camp HONOR, a summer camp for hemophilia, next year. She asked him, "When you're 8, what special thing do you get to do?" Jaxon said, "When I'm 8, I get baptized. My mom and dad told me it's a choice." Michelle responds, "Ok, what about hemophilia camp?"

11th Jaxon and I were planning to make cookies for his class for Valentine's day. I suggested he invite a friend, "You can have Cali or Melinda over to bake cookies with us." Jaxon pauses and responds, "I'll take Taven." (As if he's placing an order for neighborhood girlfriends.)

17th Jaxon says, "I love Melinda. When I grow up, I'm going to marry her. She's beautiful."

18th Jaxon plays with Melinda and as he's heading home he has a thought he wants to share so her turns around and hollers to her, "Hey Melinda. When I'm ten and you're ten, we're going to go on a DATE!" She looks back and yells, "No!" and rides away.

19th After his bath Jaxon yells, "My feet are itching! Mom, can you get someone to bite this? (gestures to his feet)."

20th This is how Jaxon plays with his brothers. He says to Finn, "You are such a little cutie, Finn!" Then to Asher he teases, "Do you want my toes? Come and get them!"

25th Jaxon says to Mark while I'm out of town: "Dad, starting now, I don't want you telling any jokes. Sometimes they don't surprise me. You should tell them to your mom."

27th While I was in D.C. Mark told the boys his life story over dinner. During the conversation Jaxon was wide-eyed and eager. When Mark finished, Jaxon blurted out, "Dad, you should tell that story to Mom!"



5 comments:

The McArthur Family said...

Adorable! Adorable! Adorable!

Leslie said...

I love hearing what comes out of Jaxon's mouth. He is hilarious.

Stella said...

Mark DOES need to tell his mom more jokes so she can write a blog about it :)

Four Winns said...

Wait, you were in DC on the 27th?! I thought I told you to call me when you were going to be in town!! Yeesh. Your kids crack me up. It's good to know that Jaxon's got his 8 year old priorities in order.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

He is too funny!