Saturday, October 09, 2010

Allergy Diet Day 2

We spent a few hours at Rail Fair at the train park today and the kids were relatively well behaved, if over-excited and not listening. At least we dressed them in matching clothes so we could spot them easily.

Breakfast: Oatmeal and peaches, Spinach smoothie
Snack: Tahini cookies, apple, nuts and raisins
Lunch: Chicken, white rice, green beans, organic refried black beans, fresh fruit
Dinner: Organic chicken nuggets (probably not on the diet, but Mark made dinner while I was teaching Zumba) and applesauce for the kids, Sushi for us.

Behavior:
After the train park the kids were crazy, fighting and whining. They ate pretty well for lunch and dinner but still ask for milk and aren't fond of the snacks they're offered.
I would say their behavior in general is sub-par. It could be a symptom of withdrawal from these foods, but it could also be that they're hungry most of the time since they don't like what I'm giving them.

I had a headache throughout the day, but since I cheated at dinner (some sushi had cream cheese and I had red bean ice cream for dessert). I wonder if the soy sauce could be part of my problem (soy and msg, I believe). We aren't on a no soy diet, but I avoid it mostly anyway because of research showing it's bad effects.

Mark seemed fine, he's not super into the diet and ordered Coke with dinner.

I bought quinoa noodles to serve with sauce but just read the label that they're corn and quinoa. :( Bummer, I'll have to buy some rice noodles instead because my kids won't go for the spaghetti squash substitution.


1 comment:

Stella said...

I really admire you doing this! I am on the same thing. I was recently told that I am allergic to wheat, dairy, and sugar. I know it's true. I'm tired and not as happy as I want to be!

Have you tried tamari? It's the wheat free version of soy sauce and what all the raw foodies use. I'll be posting a few recipes on my health blog soon. I also have a lot of other great blogs too.

My roommate is a raw foodie, she made raw brownies last night and I think you could make them for the boys and they would love it! Let me know if I can help with anything. I really do think they are going through withdrawls now and it will be much better in a week!