Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ups and Downs

After waking up with some neck pain from my Zumba classes yesterday, I wanted to relax a little today so I went to my parents house with the boys and we hung out in their hot tub.

It was a beautiful, almost chilly morning (62 degrees), with a sunny clear sky. Perfect conditions for enjoying a jacuzzi. I floated around, with my legs hanging over the side of the tub and my head resting on floating ring. My boys were bored so they used cups to pour water over my belly, my knees, my arms, parts of me that were sticking out of the water. It felt soooo good. Almost like a spa treatment. I was basking in the sun, with perfect warm water and a cool breeze, relaxing and thinking, "I love my job." The boys were playing happily and then. . .

Finn dumps a cup of water on my face. Yep, he tried to drown me.

I sat up, sputtering thinking of all the bacteria in the hot tub water painfully invading my sinuses. "I'll get a sinus infection tomorrow, I just know it."

But seriously, I had to laugh.

"Back to reality!" I thought.

For some reason, it's the highs and lows that come back to back that remind me why mothering is so unpredictable and yet so worthwhile.


No comments: