Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Allergy Diet Day 6

Jaxon heads into surgery tomorrow to get his port-a-cath removed. He's had it for 7 years to get medicine for hemophilia into his veins easily. Now that we can poke his veins in his arms and hands he doesn't need it anymore. Training wheels are officially off tomorrow.

But that means the diet is probably not going to stick, which is fine because I don't think I've seen any difference in behavior, which is disappointing, although I like the home-cooked healthy (for the most part) meals. I'm going to resolve to do more cooking and stick to my menu.

Menu-
Breakfast: Oatmeals and apples (again!)
Lunch: Chicken rolled in crushed potato chips and baked and served with toothpicks. Also green beans and fresh veggies with hummus
Dinner: Seasoned pan-grilled mahi-mahi, Spanish rice, and home-baked sweet potato fries. Also, sliced heirloom tomatoes on the side.

Dessert: ICE CREAM (for me and Mark. The stress broke me and I have now begun eating for emotional reasons)

Did I mention that I broke (or sprained) my pinkie toe yesterday? I'm limping a little and it was a blessing that there was a woman auditioning to teach Zumba in my class today so I only had to teach half. It's swollen and purple. Totally lame. Also lucky that the studio I teach at is closed for the October break so I didn't teach tonight.


No comments: