Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Allergy Diet Day 5

We're starting to get used to this diet. I'm focused more on what we can eat than what we can't. I guess my attitude has changed since I ate at the Hemophilia Association yesterday and had a baja taco from Baja Fresh (yeah, the tortillas were a no-no).

Menu:
Breakfast- Oatmeal with apples and cinnamon
Lunch- Leftovers
Dinner- Rice Pasta with spaghetti sauce
Snack- Brown Rice cakes with sunflower butter and honey, also lots of fruits and veggies

Behavior:
Kids- I don't see any change in their behavior or physical signs of allergies. Jaxon's reading on Monday was probably just to get away from the swarm of younger children at Leslie's house. I'm not seeing more focus, happier kids (well maybe Finn is a little less angry, I'll have to pay closer attention).
They are still getting up waaaay to early. Before 5:30 today, so now it's 11 AM and they're down for naps.

Me- I'm still finding myself more emotional than usual (which could be unrelated). I've also lost 3 lbs which is good or bad depending on whom you ask.
Mark- Has lost 2 lbs, but he hasn't commented on any other issues.

Side effects: I noticed that Finn had a rash on his chin after dinner. Then I remembered that he always gets that when he eats pasta sauce because he must have a slight allergy to tomatoes. How ironic.

Here are photos from Jaxon's first cub scout Pack Meeting. He's very excited to be in scouts and got initiated by bobbing for apples.



Here's the first time I've taken the kids for story time at the library. I had Ella that day and she did not like the idea of sitting down for 30 min. We were in the front on the side, so the kids found the most comfortable position. (Jaxon was in school) Keep in mind that all the other children are sitting up. . .
It's pretty funny.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Four Winns said...

Yikes! Your life is intense. Good luck with the diet. I hope things make a turn for the better :o)