Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Morning Trauma

When we bought our Dodge Grand Caravan nearly 4 years ago it came equipped with automatic sliding side doors. I knew someday those doors would close on little hands, but I didn't imagine I'd have to wait so long for that to happen. (Not that the doors haven't caused severe trauma already, like when Asher split his forehead open on one).

Today while I was trying to convince Asher to attend preschool Finn shut his finger in the van door. I was in the office and could hear Ella fussing, but couldn't hear Finn until I was in the living room.

I have no idea how long he was standing there, with his finger pinched, but it was so sad. We both cried. His little pinkie was red and purple, and bleeding a little bit.

Then we couldn't find his bear.
Then Asher wouldn't go to preschool.
Then Ella had a HUGE blowout in her diaper and required a bath. (These were size 1 diapers and with her pudgy bottom I found that size 3 diapers fit her perfectly).

We're all settled down, but what a morning.

3 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

Sorry to hear that! What a crazy morning! Hopefully your afternoon was better.

Hill Family said...

I hatethose kind of days, that when I want to call in sick. Ty has those diapers all the time and most recently smeared it all over himself and the crib, I just threw him in the tub only to have him slip in it so I got him out to comfort him and put a clean diaper on him only to have the dog pee on the bathroom floor and have tysen crawl through it. It was back in the tub for him!

brandonm said...

That is so funny. Isn't it so true that blow out diapers always happen at the worst times, when everything else is going terribly wrong. I'm sorry you had to go through that!