Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Camping and Pumpkinfest

Last weekend we got invited to go camping with some friends, the Curtises. They have two adorable boys, Asher (I know, another one!) and Luke. So we packed up our five boys ages 7, 4, 3, 2, 1 and drove up to Prescott at Lynx Lake and had a delightful time hiking, roasting hot dogs, making S'mores, and then hardly sleeping before packing up quickly in the rain. I recommend this campsite because it is seriously no more than 5 minutes from the main road in Prescott (4 minutes from Costco, I kid you not, I felt like I was home) oh, and it had flush toilets, BONUS!

Luckily, the AM rain cleared up and we spent the middle of the very windy day at Freeman Farms Pumpkin Festival. The kids loved the petting zoo, the hay ride, the corn maze, and the pumpkin patch, but mostly the train ride. We managed to take that train twice, actually.

Here's a little movie I put together of some of our pictures!
The song is James Taylor's October Road, which I thought quite fitting.




Also, if you're getting this off your reader, I just brought Autumn to the Waves of Life! Check out our new theme and masthead.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Chelle said...

This is so cute! Makes me want to go camping!

The Heaps said...

Hey Jessica....it's Jamie Stewart. Your family is so cute! Looks like you are loving life! Tell Tacy I say Hi!

EmilyCC said...

So fun--we did make a noble attempt at getting those family pictures, didn't we :)