Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Surprise Vacation!



Thursday morning our family will leave for our first surprise vacation!

Yep, Mark's been planning this weekend getaway since April and only Finn knows where we're going (and he's not telling anyone).

I must admit that I'm having a harder time with the not knowing than I would have expected. Although I knew I was a control freak, I didn't realize I was that much of a control freak.

Except when I watch Mark cook. That's the worst. I can't not give suggestions, "Honey, why don't you use that knife? Also, a cutting board works better than a paper towel. Why didn't you add all the veggies? Etc, etc."

So, it is with mixed delight and worry that I anticipate our climbing in the car Thursday A.M. with our bags packed (with what? you may ask) and head off to who knows where.

But, I promise I will tell you when I find out because.

Drumroll please. . .

I CAN NOW BLOG FROM MY CELL PHONE.

(Yes, don't be surprised if the world comes to an end before Thursday, it is THAT amazing. And if not, I will blog the location of our surprise vacation from the road. Woohoo!)

4 comments:

Hill Family said...

i can't wait to hear about it!

mraynes said...

How exciting! I can't believe that Mark has been able to keep this secret for so long. I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

Kate said...

I do NOT do surprises well. I can't handle it. Good for you for having such a good attitude. HAVE FUN!!

Jessica Steed said...

Yes, I like surprises in theory, but not in practice.
I'm excited, though.