Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Message to the Aliens: Start with Facebook


Perhaps it's reading Stephanie Meyer's The Host, or Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, (loved this, btw) or watching the new Indiana Jones flick, but I've been thinking about aliens taking over our planet lately (as if I don't already have enough to think about).

If aliens come to take over our planet, I think they should start with Facebook. All they have to do is become one of those silly applications that asks, "Do you give (aliens masquerading as harmless application) permission to access your information, your files, your friends, you medical records, you tax records and you DNA sequence?"

By the next day, everybody and their dog will have clicked "YES! SIGN ME UP FOR CRAZY ALIEN GAME!" and then

ZAP.

The whole world's gone to the aliens. annihilation

But hey, if they can figure out how to penetrate Facebook, maybe they deserve this planet anyway.

4 comments:

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

You are too funny! I need to read the Host. I have had it sitting on my counter for months!

EmilyCC said...

Yeah, no clue on Facebook; it makes me feel old and out-of-touch.

Blogging--that's more my style.

EmilyCC said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica Steed said...

Maddy,
Yeah, the host isn't that great. If you have time, go for it!

Em,
I'm just not into it. The only thing I do is add friends and play Word Twist of Scrabble.
(and I always lose to Kaimi!)

I much prefer blogging. More substance (such as it is, I mean, aliens?!)