Friday, October 24, 2008

Motherhood Summed up in a Morning

*Warning. Potentially Disturbing Images Below.*
This morning was a bit of a rollercoaster, the exact kind that motherhood is every day, week, and month.

The kids were cuter than usual, snuggling in my bed and sharing toys (gasp!).

Mark cuddled with Finley, breathing in his soft hair and drinking in his sweet babyness. While holding Finn, Mark says, "This is like recharing a battery, my battery."
Indeed. Baby love is the best recharger I know.

Then, I changed Finn's diaper to discover a terrible diaper rash. After rinsing him in the tub, I let him play naked for a while, so it could air-out.

I did the boys' infusions, then started to get Jaxon ready for school when I walked by the train table and saw . . .
Finley standing in his own POOP!

Seriously, so disturbing. I went into poop emergency 911 mode. I stuck him in the shower, then the bath again, the dressed him and put him in his crib so I could clean up the mess.

In the midst of this, I let Jaxon head to school without knowing if he had shoes on or had even brushed his teeth. I'm sure his hair was not styled. Asher, meanwhile kept screaming for me to put a movie on, so I pushed play with my knuckle in between scrubbing the carpet.

Anyway, it was totally disgusting. I haven't had to do this in quite a while, and it seems rather ironic that I shampooed the carpet 2 weeks ago.

Oh well. This is the life of motherhood. Cuteness, love, and poop.
And it all happened before 8:15 AM.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

DaNelle said...

That really makes me laugh! Especially the fact that it all happened before 8:15 in the morning! I can relate...

Quinten said...

Oh that's so gross. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. Believe it or not, I've never had poop on the carpet. Knock on wood...

In other news... I went to Superstition Ranch Market today. HOLY COW! How come I am JUST NOW finding out about this place? 25 cents/lb. on so much delicious produce. I can't believe it. I spent $12 and had a shopping cart full.

Kate said...

And that was obviously ME, not Q.

Jessica Steed said...

Obviously.
Good for you, not having poop on the carpet.
Feminist Mormon Housewives has a series, The Poop Chronicles, and most of those stories blow mine out of the water.
http://www.feministmormonhousewives.org/?p=1760

Unknown said...

Dance of the Dissident Daughter,
Sue Monk Kidd