Monday, October 06, 2008

This is Me

This is me. It's one day last week, in the afternoon, around 4. Jaxon just got home from school, and the boys just woke up from their naps. Everyone needs attention, NOW! And, there's dinner to be cooked, toys to pick up, and a few blogs I've been tracking that I want to comment on.

But really, I just need to hold my babies. So, I do. Then I look up when Jaxon snaps the picture (he's my little photographer).

I try to remind myself that babies just don't last. They grow up so fast.
(sounds like a song, doesn't it?)

My little boys with the fat thighs. They whimper and whine, and cuddle and climb- all over me.
Some moments I love it, some moments I just shut myself in my room and take a breather.

This day, I love it. I don't remember what I served for dinner. I don't remember what blog posts I was following. I don't remember if I worked out at the gym or styled my hair (surely not!), I don't even remember if I got the kids dressed all the way.

But, I did spend a little time with them. A little time holding and snuggling and making things better.

That's really what's important to me right now.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should all relish in those moments. Why do we take them for granted (as my baby is desperately vying for my attention as we speak)?
Thanks for the reminder.

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a sweet picture and a good reminder that the mundane things of life can wait!

Alisa said...

Way to live in the present moment! I could take in that lesson.

Jessica Steed said...

Allison,
Yes, of course most of the time I'm on the computer, trying to keep the kids happy while I ignore them. But, at least I do play with them sometimes.

Maddy,
Thanks!

Alisa,
You are the best reminder of living in the present, with your beautiful pictures and exciting outdoor adventures!
So awesome.

Unknown said...

Wow. I was so touched by this post. You are a beautiful person and that helps to make you a beautiful mother.