Thursday, October 16, 2008

Three: Too Many Today

Three children was too many for me today.

At the zoo with two close friends and our eight combined children, I enjoyed visiting, snacking, walking, and oh, looking at the animals.
Today was the first day of the Sting Ray exhibit at the Phoenix Zoo. We became members for a very reasonable price.
Then, with my arm shoulder-deep in the Sting Ray Bay, Leslie asks me, "Where is Asher?"

Uh, oh. No idea. So I grab Finn and we walk outside the exhibit, calling for Asher. Leslie and Amy start to look around, but in a minute I find him, 100 yards away, near the tree-house we were playing in earlier.

He was a little nervous, but not crying, not really scared, and he probably hadn't seen me in 5+ minutes.

So, perhaps it will surprise you that 15 minutes later I lost him, again. (or, rather, he lost me)
He wasn't far this time, just out of sight, up in the lookout by the giraffes.

Needless to say, I'm going to pull out my leash and strap it on him next time we go to the zoo.
He needs more looking after than the animals, apparently.

No comments: