Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Oh (Birthday) Boy!

Lucky me. Today was Finley's first birthday.
He started out with smiles first thing in the morning. (After I decided to rescue him from crying in his crib just because it was his birthday. Nice, I know.)

A check-up at the doctors (no shots, because who wants shots on their birthday?), then a party at the park, then naps, a quick photo shoot (difficult with two babies and one adult), and a party at home.

Finn wasn't quite sure about the cake. He did end up throwing a piece of cake at my mom. It landed on her cleavage. Awesome.

He loved the book, magnets, shopping cart, bull dozer, and swing he got for his birthday. And he liked the 10 dollar bill Aunt Amy shoved in his sticky little fist. :)

It was fun to see the friends and family who came by to visit. Our love and well wishes go to George who got hurt after falling out of the high chair. Ouch! We hope you feel better soon, George!

A little sad to say goodnight while the party was still rockin', our little Twinkie was pretty tired, so he waved to the crowd.

Overall, a pretty fun birthday for Fin-Fin. Both mommy and Asher got a little carried away with the camera, though.

Oh well, what can you expect from two budding photographers on a really fantastic occasion?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Nate said...

I can't beleive
1- I forgot his birthday. (Well, I always forget birthdays. But that one was his first one and it make me sad I forgot.)
2-How much he change since we saw him. (Well, I guess it is almost a year we didn't see him so of course he changed but you know. I can't wait to see him at Christmas. And the rest of you guys too:)
3- How long your hair are. ( I wish my hair would grow that fast.)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FINLEY
Sandrine

Jessica Steed said...

The links:
The photo shoot is Finn, in cowboy boots, with a cowboy hat and nothing else. :)

Mommy: Those are the birthday party pics (and a few from earlier in the day)

Asher: Got ahold of my camera during the day without me noticing. He took more than a hundred pictures, and I put up a sampling of his work.

Jessica Steed said...

Sandrine,
No worries!
We all do our best, and Finn certainly won't remember who called and who didn't :)
But, we are excited to see you guys this Christmas. I know all of our kids have changed.
My hair looks long in that picture because my head is tilted. It's really not that long.