Saturday, September 20, 2008

Let it Snow!

After practicing for the Primary Program today, we drove by Dana Park which is an upscale shopping center around the corner from our house.
Today was their Grand Opening and they had a snow feature.
So, Jaxon and I went back after we put the babies to bed.
We waited in line for a half hour, dripping with sweaty in the hot sunny Arizona sun. *(I swear it was 100 degrees or hotter).
When it was our turn, Jaxon tried to make a snow ball, but the snow was packed down too hard. He figured out how to kick the snow to loosen it, then shape it into a snowball and throw it at me.
We had a great time.

For about 10 minutes we slid around (wearing crocs wasn't the smartest thing. They're like rubber skis.)
Jaxon used his bum as a sled and got quite a wet seat. But, he didn't mind.

I, however, did mind, so I tried to stay on my feet, while balancing my camera in my hand and purse on my shoulder.

I did pretty well until the very end when we were asked to leave (each group had about 10 min play time). As I started to walk down this steep hill in my slippery shoes, I started to slip, and slid down the last 3 or 4 feet of the hill into the slushy wet snow.
The people in line gasped as I made my exit, but they were just as impressed that I landed on my feet as I was.




Posted by Picasa


4 comments:

Alisa said...

That is totally crazy. So out of place. You guys look so cool though, in sunglasses and short sleeves in the snow!

Unknown said...

so random, but it looks like SO much fun! When I saw your gchat "Today I played in the snow" I thought it was some random metaphor of life or something, I don't know what.....that's my literary mind for you!


Awesome!

Kate said...

I had no idea there was snow there yesterday! How fun. We haven't seen snow for quite some time...

Jenga said...

Alisa,
It was out of place, but very welcomed in the heat!

d'arcy,
Well, so many of my gchat lines are metaphors, or random quotes, that I'm not surprised you thought this one was. :)

Kate,
Yeah, we haven't seen snow in a while, either. We stayed here for Christmas last year, so I don't know how long it has been.
But, it wasn't real snow, it was more like a giant snow-cone.