Sunday, September 28, 2008

So Peachy!

Despite my pessimistic post, my fresh peach pie did turn out!
(and I didn't even burn the first batch of glaze like I usually do)

In fact, this was the best pie ever, because not only did it taste fabulous, but it also STOOD UP LIKE A STORE-BOUGHT PIE! (hence the look of surprise on Jaxon's face)
I usually need a spoon to serve my pies, or should I call them round cobblers?
:)

Indeed, even the last piece was standing (which Asher and I shared).

Hope you like looking at it, but tasting it was even better.

If you live in Mesa, you can go to Superstition Ranch Market (on Main between Greenfield and Higley) to buy a box of Utah peaches for $24.

Here is my pie recipe, well it's Grandma Vernon's (thanks Sara and Andy!)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Alisa said...

Looks fantastic, Jessica. I knew it would be great. And congrats on getting it to stand up!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, that looks amazing!!!!!

Jessica Steed said...

Thanks!