Thursday, September 11, 2008

To Microwave or Not To Microwave, That is the Question.


Food for Thought

Because I believe almost anything I read or hear, I have stopped using my microwave (much).
Instead, I cook or reheat things on my stove.

So, I finally did some research about this and here's what I came up with.

Scientists just don't know if microwaving is bad for us.
(pretty lame, I know)

They know that it isn't good for breastmilk, and the negative effects it causes can't solely be from hyperthermia (overheating). And, they know that it uses friction between molecules to heat up food super-fast, but they don't know if there are any other effects.

The best resource I found (that didn't seem biased) was called The Straight Dope. Here's their article.
Hopefully scientists will know more in the future, but for now, I only microwave in glass (because plastic is BAD in the microwave) and I don't do it very often.

No comments: