Friday, September 26, 2008

Updates: Waves and Nie Nie

First, I've changed the settings, so even the UNgoogled can comment here at the Waves of Life. (I hear the hooping and hollering already).

Also, if you don't use google reader (or another RSS reader) and you check more than 1 or 2 blogs, you should. It's the easiest way to see all of the new posts from the blogs that you like to read.
You just have to copy and past the URL into the reader, and it tracks them for you. (I know, more hooping and hollering. Isn't this a good day?)

Lastly, there's a local tragedy that a few of us (me and my friendly die-hard bloggers) have been following. Stephanie and Christian Nielson were in a plane crash August 16th and are still in the burn unit of Maricopa hospital. Christian is awake now, but Stephanie is in a medically induced coma because 85% of her body was burned. Their family is raising money to help this family and tomorrow some friends are having a garage sale.
If you'd like to donate items or shop, you may. I've linked to the donate button on the side of my blog as well.
Garage Sale Info:
When: Sat Sept 27th 7 AM to 1 PM
Where: Agritopia Community Center (Agritopia Loop Rd Gilbert, AZ 85296) NW Higley/Ray

You can read more about Stephanie here (Nie Nie stands for StephaNIE NIElson) and her sister who is taking care of 3 of their 4 children is blogging updates and stories here.

It's a pretty addictive story. Their family is beautiful, and she's even a bigger blogger than me (way bigger) so there's lots of archives of stories to endear you even more to their cause.
I'm amazed at how the online community has come together to support this family. The line-up of benefits is amazing. (click on benefit blog)

As always, thanks to the faithful reader.

No comments: